„Управление на разнородна класна стая“ в Тенерифе
„Managing a diverse classroom: Facing upcoming challenges“, Europass Teacher Academy, Tenerife – a senior secondary English teacher was qualified, 2th -7th August 2021
On 2nd August 2021, activity 2 of the TEAM+ PRO project „Managing a diverse classroom: meeting the challenges ahead“, La Laguna, Tenerife, started.
THE HISTORY OF TENERIFE – the historical heritage of the island is important to understand the current life and culture of the people. Here is the oldest university in the Spanish islands.
EVENTS – The history of Tenerife is marked by many key dates. For example, the conquest of the Crown of Castile in 1496; the failed attempt by the British – Rear Admiral Horatio Nelson to invade Santa Cruz in 1797, the emigration of people from the Canary Islands to America in the 18th century and many volcanic eruptions – the volcano Teide, which shook the island.
FAMOUS PERSONS in various fields, such as science, research, literature, sculpture and painting. Some of these remarkable heroes are Saints José de Anchieta and Lanera, the naturalist and anthropologist Sabino Bertlot, and one of the most outstanding Spanish scientists of the 19th century, Agustín de Bettencourt and Molina.
GUANCHES – The Guanches are the aborigines of Tenerife who inhabited Tenerife before the conquest by the Crown of Castile in 1496. This local population, probably of Berber origin, who devoted much of their lives to agriculture and livestock, left behind a variety of archaeological treasures, traditions, customs, words, tales of fascinating heroes and legends.
LEGENDS – the perfect place to unleash your imagination. Great tales of impossible love stories, islands emerging and disappearing 7-8, tell more about hundred-headed dragons, civilizations under the sea and even UFOs on the island – facts or fiction.
GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION – there are 11 microclimates – baking, drizzle, wind, mild summers, relatively warm winters and sunshine almost all year round, temperatures 16-24 degrees. If you are lying on the beach – wear your swimsuit, but on the streets – put on your jacket. Humidity – 98%. You have to dress like an onion, locals say.
The island is famous for the volcano Teide, the Teno and Anaga mountains and the highest peak in Spain, rocky black beaches (formed by volcanic eruptions), wineries, honey, goat cheese, Mojo sauce, Canarian bananas and more.
FLORA and FAUNA – in Loro Park there is a joke that you read in the books that it exists.
San Cristobal de La Laguna is the old capital of the island and a very impressive UNESCO site.
More interesting facts about Tenerife:
- Dragon tree – its red resin / juice that flows / has magical powers; it is also used for processing the wooden part of Stradivarius violins. It branches every 15 years.
2 .Black beaches because of the lava from the volcano. Most beaches, however, are white as people have brought and dumped sand from the Sahara.
- The volcano Teide is the highest point in all of Spain. A large funicular takes tourists to the observation deck at an altitude of 3550 meters.
- Pyramids of Guimar – the pyramids were built not only in Egypt but also in the Canary Islands. The origin and purpose of these buildings still provoke lively discussions among archaeologists.
- Volcano Chignero is an active volcano, whose life is closely monitored by scientists to have time to warn locals about a possible eruption.
- Anaga Park – here grow truly unique plants, such as daisies and even two-meter dandelions.
- Siam Park is a huge water park with dozens of slides, tracks and other entertainment. They can be seen together with Loro Park – Twin ticket
- Maska is a small and very inaccessible village, where real pirates once lived.
- The lunar landscape is an amazing natural landscape near the village of Villaflor.
- La Laguna – a city of UNESCO., The former capital of the island. The Canary Islands are 7 + 1.
- Santa Cruz – the current capital. The auditorium is in it / Concert Hall) with imperfect form (below).
- Public transport – more than perfectly organized. Roads are a paradise for tourists and motorcyclists!